Roasted Chicken Breast with Zespri® Green Kiwifruit Salsa
Zespri Kiwifruit Salsa Ingredients
- 10 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 2 navel oranges, supremed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 red pepper, medium diced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
Roasted Chicken Breast Ingredients
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 tsp each kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions for Zespri® Green Kiwifruit Salsa
Combine all the ingredients. Remove ¼ of the mixture and puree it, briefly, in a food processor. A dd the pureed part back into the salsa.
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Directions for Roasted Chicken Breast
Preheat the oven to 450° F.
Bring a deep skillet to heat on high, and then add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, place the chicken, skin side down, into the skillet. Sear the chicken until the skin has browned (2 to 3 minutes). Turn the chicken breasts over and immediately place the skillet into the hot oven.
Cook the chicken until the internal temperature has reached 155° F.
Serve the chicken with a generous spoonful of the Zespri® Green Kiwifruit salsa strewn across the top of it.