Spicy Zespri® Kiwifruit, Glass Noodle And Chicken Salad
- 3 Zespri Green Kiwifruit (peeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1cm thick)
- 20g glass noodles, blanched for 1 minute and drained
- 1 cucumber (200g) peeled, seeded and shredded
- 1 small carrot (100g), finely shredded
- 1 small onion (60g) halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 torch ginger bud, finely sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 2cm young root ginger, finely shredded
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoon calamansi lime juice
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 red bird chillies, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 200g skinned chicken breast, thinly sliced across the grain
- ¼ tsp roughly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 40g cashews, lightly toasted
Developed exclusively for Zespri by popular Malaysian chef Rohani Jelani
Combine dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, stirring well until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
To cook chicken, heat oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat and sear chicken slices quickly until firm (2 – 3 minutes). Season with black pepper, take pan off the heat and transfer chicken together with any cooking juices, into a small bowl. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing over chicken and set aside to cool.
Place quarter lengthwise kiwifruit slices with the other salad ingredients (glass noodles, vegetables and herbs) in a large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Add marinated chicken to prepared ingredients and add all the remaining dressing. Toss lightly to combine and transfer salad into serving plate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cashews and serve immediately.